[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Rosetta on Lion Installable
Change font size
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:58 am

FreeHand support

Rosetta on Lion Installable

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Rosetta on Lion Installable

Postby vaa » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:57 am

It seems Rosetta can be installed, but won't work. An idea might be to install other versions of Rosetta startinmg with Tiger. Did anyone experiment with that? Couldn't find this here.
vaa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Rosetta on Lion Installable

Postby annettep38 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Unfortunately I can't help but does anyone know whether I can downgrade my latest Mac Book pro to 10.6?
I really need my Freehand as I have to doo some nem catalogue and all my car drawings are in Freehand, The Illustrator import made me p...e.and I also prefer my old Dreamweaver. Not to mention various Photoshop plugins that I love.
annettep38

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:01 am

Sorry this is late but I don't believe you can downgrade to 10.6. Others may know more but my understanding is that the 2011 Macs only run Lion. You could run a Windows version of FreeHand using Fusion or Parallels or other PC emulator but it isn't very elegant solution.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby 666gerald666 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 pm

666gerald666

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby MichaelS » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:05 am

Hello,
just got a new refurbished MacbookPro which appeared in Oct 2011. Apple delivers it with preinstalled 10.7 but I had no problems copying my old System 10.6.8 with CarbonCopyCloner to the new disk. Until now it runs fine (perhaps the upgrade in Oct. was only a speedbump and nothing really important changed.
MichaelS

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby neil poulton » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm

To annettep38 - If you have a new Mac, with Lion pre-installed, then uninstalling/downgrading MacOS is NOT advisable, because the OS is hardware sensitive.You may not be able to install the older OS or you may lose hardware functionality. If you have an older Mac which was upgraded to Lion, then you can uninstall Lion and "roll-back" to Snow Leopard & Rosetta, by running the Snow Leopard install disk and choosing the reinstall from time-machine option. (if you have a time-machine back up with an earlier OS, that is - Google the step by step). It takes hours, so be patient, but it works.
neil poulton

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Bigfootwingnut » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 am

I am really hoping for a 3rd party development to get Rosatta on Lion. I would be happy to buy this when/if it is released.

http://www.lionrosetta.com/forums/

Does anyone think that this will actually happen?
Bigfootwingnut

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby PaulBI » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 am

This is really just a first post to establish presence on the forum.
But in the context of this thread it seems worth mentioning that I am running Lion (10.7.4) on both desktops and a laptop and using FreeHand seamlessly - it is running in VMware Fusion with an installation of !0.6.8 server. The server version of Snow Leopard - unlike other versions - comes with a license allowing virtual install. It then works just like the normal desktop version - you don't have to use all the server extras. I already had the VMware Fusion but that is not too expensive. The Snow Leopard Server (single server license) was a couple of hundred pounds but that compares well with an 'upgrade' to Illustrator...
PaulBI

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Has anyone tried Wine or Crossover?
Codeweavers show FreeHand MX compatibility here: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibilit ... app_id=788

I ran a trial of WIn FHMX in a demo of Crossover in Lion OSX 10.8 and it worked OK but was glitchy and that could have been my ignorance of fine tuning, or a missing CrossTie for FH. It shows potential and was nice not having to open a Windows emulation. FreeHand appeared like a normal app except it was the Win version.

Looking at the competing Wine site, FreeHand MX appears to run except for printing.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=8430
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby tazzytaz » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:10 pm

1st post.

Really interested in the outcome of this too.
Will investigate ways for this to work as ive been holding off upgrading my mac.
ive got 10.5.8 but whats the version i can upgrade to which will still allow me to use FreeHand?

cheers.
tazzytaz

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Next

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum