[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Photoshop 7 external editor in freehand mxa
Change font size
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:11 pm

FreeHand support

Photoshop 7 external editor in freehand mxa

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Photoshop 7 external editor in freehand mxa

Postby salfa » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi, photoshop 7 doesn't appear in the list of external editor in my freehand mxa, how can i solve the problem? I have also photoshop cc, how can i use it as external editor?
salfa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Photoshop 7 external editor in freehand mxa

Postby FFH Mark » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:36 pm

As I recall, you might try setting the preferences to no editor, quitting FH and relaunching again to clear any corrupt setting. Rechoose Photoshop. As far as Photoshop CC, if FH and PS are on the same drive and OS you could select it and see if that works.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby salfa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:18 am

I tried but the problem didn't disappear, i also tried to reinstall freehand and to install another version of photoshop but nothing changed.Have you another idea to solve the problem?
salfa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby salfa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:23 pm

i installed the same freehand and the same photoshop on an another pc with windows 7 and it does not have any problem. The pc where i have the problem mounts windows 8, maybe the OS causes the problem...
salfa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:33 pm

The overall remedy is to trash the preferences file completely and let FreeHand recreate a new one. This may help with the Photoshop problem. Go to:
Windows - C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Macromedia\FreeHand MX\11\English\Settings\

Find & trash the Preferences file. Restart and see if that fixes it and if you can select PS-CC.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby salfa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Nothing to do... i deleted all the files in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Macromedia\FreeHand MX\11\English\Settings\ but photoshop isn't in the list of external editor...
salfa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Hmm.. to make sure you covered the basics; you already did these steps?
1.-go to preferences and under Category, pick object
2.-press the external editors button and pick TIFF image
3.-press the select button and navigate to Photoshop
4.-press Choose
5.-close preferences

A quick search shows problems with this before. http://www.justskins.com/forums/how-to- ... 32233.html
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby salfa » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:03 am

when i go in preferences and open the list of exernal editor for tiff photoshop isn't in the list, this is the problem to solve... i don't understand the content of the link that you posted...
salfa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:40 pm

From what I read in the link, it sounds like others have had the same problem over the years. Unless anyone else on this forum has an answer, I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe post this problem on Adobe's FreeHand forum?
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby salfa » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Which is Adobe's FreeHand forum?
salfa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Next

Return to FreeHand support