Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:29 pm

FreeHand support

Printing problem with Freehand MX and HP Designjet100

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Printing problem with Freehand MX and HP Designjet100

Postby vanman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:37 am

I'm on WinXP, using Freehand MX, and a 24 inch wide HP Designjet100 printer.
Most prints works out just fine, but sometimes when printing from Freehand I get a weird issue with the vector graphics. This only shows up when printing, it's not on screen.
It's as if some points of a graphic are existing off the page when it prints. Imagine selecting a point of a graphic and dragging it off the page so you end up with a long line across your page, then printing that.

Hard to explain, but it's not a typical printer type of printing error, it's definitely a graphic in freehand causing the problem. Say I have a filled square with a stroke, then when I print, 2 points exist off the page so what I get is the fill and 3 sides of the stroke with 2 long lines running across the entire page and the 4th side of the square not there at all.

I thought maybe a memory issue, but then wouldn't it just not print at all?
I've found that sometimes exporting as an earlier version of Freehand fixes it, but not always, or even rotating the page 90 degrees causes it to cause the problem with a different graphic on the page.
So weird.

Thanks for any help.
vanman

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Printing problem with Freehand MX and HP Designjet100

Postby vanman » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 am

Found a work around by exporting a pdf and printing that.
vanman

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum