Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:42 am

FreeHand support

Having Trouble Installing Freehand

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Having Trouble Installing Freehand

Postby Dexart » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:55 am

My Mac recently died when they fixed it I got them to put 10.6.8 I have tried to install freehand on this operating system but it won't. Am I do something wrong any help greatly appreciated.
Dexart

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Having Trouble Installing Freehand

Postby FFH Mark » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:30 pm

It is probably the online activation problem that will not take your serial number. Adobe removed the activation server for all Macromedia products so you will need the new serial number for FreeHand listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-activation-error.html
FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Rachel2893 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Thanks Mark, your solution worked for me. I've got the new serial number and everything is fine now.
Currently I am working with eFax team!
Rachel2893

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby r0gue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 pm

So I am getting the boucing icon and the crashing and I am not getting the online activation thing to pop up to put in the new activation code. Is there something I'm missing to get that to pop up?
r0gue

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Dexart » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:56 pm

I can't even get the installer icon it looks like it can't see that I'm in 10.6.8. I restart in 10.6.8 but it is not seeing the installer.

A couple of things, are you using the installer for your system ?
Not a Windows version on a Mac or visa-versa.

Second, you could use the Trial version to install FreeHand instead of a CD. We have it here: http://www.freehandforum.org/downloads-FreeHand-plugins-xtras.html

After installing, remember that the serial numbers have been changed by Adobe. You can't use your personal serial number anymore. Get the "master" number here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-activation-error.html

Finally if you are installing in 10.6.8, and it still doesn't work, you may need the activation file for Snow Leopard. You will know because the FreeHand icon will bounce a few times in the dock and then quit. The only link at Adobe is gone but there may be others hosting it here on the forum. Good luck.
Dexart

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum