Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

Vector app alternatives

Affinity Designer Opinion

Post and discuss about other good vector graphics applications.

Affinity Designer Opinion

Postby FFH Thü » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:30 am

After some days with Affinity Designer, I began feeling comfortable. The work with swatches and path tool is doing okay. But there are two things that bother me:

Opening FreeHand files is pretty useless, because fonts do not appear and special objects like brushes do not either. Even Illustrator is able to do that correctly.

But the real deal breaker is Layers. Each object I create, each path, is on its own layer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Then I have to go on and nest them into a sub group, and the whole mess of hundreds of layers is inside there and when I edit one path, it all opens inside the layer pallete to go to that layer. FOR WHAT? This is insane, honestly.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Affinity Designer Opinion

Postby FFH Thü » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:13 am

The only way how to come about those completely stupid layers, is to ignore them. I put the layers palette away and just treat the handling as used from grouping. Funny thing, in the layers menu, they are also called groups and grouping, ungroup. Lucky me that even in FreeHand, I rarely used layers, so I am not really missing it. But the fact is: Affinity is missing real layers.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Affinity Designer Opinion

Postby Aspensound » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 am

Why they just make it as it should be? Study Freehand and make their best app.
Aspensound

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Vector app alternatives

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum