[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Mac OS X Lion and Freehand
Change font size
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:32 pm

FreeHand

Mac OS X Lion and Freehand

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.

Re: Mac OS X Lion and Freehand

Postby Snaptophobic » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:57 pm

|

"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
Snaptophobic

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Snaptophobic » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:41 am

|

"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
Snaptophobic

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby daveleo76 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:44 pm

i'm going to stick with os x 10.6.8 until something comes up.
daveleo76

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby herojig » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 am

I don't get all these answers with misinfo. If you want to run any app that does not work in Lion, just create an external drive (or clone your drive before the Lion install) and then just boot that when you want to use the apps not supported by Lion but running in 10.6.8. Works great here!
herojig

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby koehler » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 am

But this won't work if you need to buy a new Mac - new Macs will only Boot in Lion.

So this is NO Solution!!!!
koehler

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby herojig » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 am

herojig

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby koehler » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Now the day has come......
Freehand won't run anymore on Apples current OS.........

And not on every Mac Mini and every MacBook Air we will buy.

Bad Day :-(
koehler

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby JamieP » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Most of the macs currently in the pipeline run Snow Leopard.
So if you're looking at a new mac, buy one now from a reseller or I'm sure you'll find snow leopard Macs at the local apple store, if you have one.

I'm running a 27" i7 iMac and freehand is rock steady. Actually runs better than the previous version.

And I won't be upgrading this machine until or if the freehand issue is resolved. I open illustrator and freehand every day. I am constantly amazed at how irritating it is to select things and dig through layers in AI. Not to mention the bloated file sizes or how much slower it is.

Anyhow, I'm preaching at the choir! Get your osx 10.6 mac now if you're looking at a hardware upgrade. I'm sure Adobe is going to kill translation of freehand files next. . . I'll probably just buy a new machine in a couple years and keep this one running for freehand. Cross your fingers something comes of the suit!

Jamie
JamieP

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Fabricat 1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Like Jamie, I have a 27 i7. I cloned a current 10.6.8 system
with Freehand before upgrading to Lion. I can quickly boot the clone and work in Freehand. This is 1 solution for current macs shipping with
Leapard. Newer Macs that ship with Lion will not boot anything less than 10.7. When it's time to buy a late 2011 or beyond machine, I'll need an older Mini or something to booth in screen share if nothing develops on the software side for us.
It's not a perfect solution, but I need the new system for consulting relationships with clients.
Fabricat 1

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby frederick » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:01 am

i read adobe's response. seems to me all adobe has to do to make all this go away is to fix fh so it runs on whatever latest mac os is out there. they don't have to do another thing and tons cheaper than legal fees. and if they want to raid fh's features for illus then go for it. after awhile the two will grow so similar none of us will care what name is on the box. my .02 and worth exactly that.
frederick

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

PreviousNext

Return to FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum