[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Leopar
Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Virtual systems and FreeHand

Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Leopar

All about running FreeHand inside a virtual system on more recent Macs with OS 10.7 or newer.

Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Leopar

Postby gesplus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

I am doing some testing to see how Freehand will function in Snow Leopard in Parallels 9 in preparation of moving to Mavericks. Freehand opens and runs, but if I try to open any files made in FH under my regular Snow Leopard installation they are greyed out.

If I create a FH file in Parallels and try to open it in FH in regular SL same thing, using the Open command in FH the files are greyed out.

I did a get info in FH Parallels and chose Open With FH, Change All button, but no luck.

Double clicking the file opens FH but the file doesn't open.

I tried rebuilding the LaunchServices in SL in Parallels..

To add another twist, I tried the same files on another machine with Parallels and FH, now neither file will open, even the one I created on the FH installation in Parallels.

Any ideas?

Thx.
gesplus

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Le

Postby FFH Mark » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:43 pm

What if you add the extension ".fh11" or ".fh10" (depending on which version of FH you are using) to all your files?

I'm not using Parallels but I found this worked when I moved to Mavericks and my files wouldn't open.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Le

Postby gesplus » Fri May 08, 2015 2:34 am

Okay, that's a big nudge in the right direction. Thx. Adding .fh11 works. I can do a batch change.

It seems it has something to do with file Types not parsing in Parallels/SL.

In Parallels FileBuddy shows no Type, but it does show fh11 Creator. That's on both FH files copied to the virtual machine, and from FH files stored on the shared OS X boot disk. Inside of regular 10.9.5 OS X FileBuddy sees the Type, AGD6 on the files.

If I change the file Type of files on the virtual machine to AGD6 I get the pretty FH icon and they open fine, but we won't be storing files on the virtual machine of course.

Since parallels has a problem with file Types it seems that a .fh11 file name will be the ticket.

Thx.
gesplus

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Virtual systems and FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum